CIS Writers

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CIS Writers

CIS Writers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CIS Writers

For all the writers of Carolina International!

4 posters

Just A Dream - Chapter 0. Rated PG-13

The Hawk's Eye
    The Hawk's Eye
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Just A Dream - Chapter 0. Rated PG-13 Empty Just A Dream - Chapter 0. Rated PG-13

Post by The Hawk's Eye Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:24 pm

Chapter 0:

Water glimmered in the dimness of night, though I’m not sure you could call this water. It did not move, it did not alter to the touch, and it was hard as rock. Yet it reflected images as clearly as a mirror would. Like the image of the fox that was sitting in the middle of it, surrounded by blackness.

He sat there, head bowed in silence. On top of his head was dark-brown fur that covered his eyes. The rest of his fur was varying in colors: a light-brown, a dirty gray, a little white on his chest and snout, and then black on the tip of his ears, tail, and feet. There seemed to be something near the fox, but it didn’t have any shape to it at all. It was only a simple presence, clouded by darkness.

The darkness was coiling around him; it seemed the be breathing. The smell of musk and iron burned his throat with it’s pungent stench. He was trapped. There is no escape from the endless darkness. Still, he pitifully tried pushing his way out. An impish smirk masked The Darkness’ face, blood dripping down from his long snout. A sharp tongue lashed out and licked up the blood, like it was an delicious indulgence. The fox raised his head and leered at the figure before him.

“What do you want with me? Where are we?!” His voice grew higher as he became more aware of his situation.

The Darkness’ smirk only grew wider. “Questions. Pitiful questions that you’ll never find the answers to.” The ebony coils seemed to twine themselves around the fox’s body as he tried to struggle his way free. The Darkness frowned at his endeavor and sighed.

“Must you try so hard? You’ll only kill yourself in the process, Ethan.”

“How do you know my name?” Ethan uttered in panic. He then gave a slight chuckle, confusing The Darkness. “Kill myself? This is nothing more than a mere dream.” The Darkness now had a physique of a jet-black fox with a white chest. His toothy smirk was wide-spread across his face again.

“Is this just a dream?” The Darkness whispered into his ear, blood now flowing freely from his mouth like saliva. Ethan wavered for a second due to the close proximity of The Darkness and then nodded firmly.

“Of course! How else would you explain me being a fox?!” He paused for a second then added in triumph, “That means none of this is real! You can’t even hurt me, can you?!”

The Darkness inclined his head slightly, but despite this, his smile never fell. The shadows around him were snake-like and had fox skulls for heads. Some had pieces of fur and flesh hanging from their bones, others just had ichor flowing from the eye sockets. Ethan’s stomach flipped at the morbid sight and he felt bile rising in his throat. They seem to surround The Darkness with wicked smiles on their face, but they never touched him.

Suddenly, there was a rush of wind and The Darkness’ flesh started to rip from his bones. “Oh, I wouldn’t be too sure about that,” The Darkness muttered against the wind so quietly that Ethan couldn’t here it at all. Then the bones turned dust and all was still.

Ethan smirked and rose to his feet, only to feel blazing pain throughout his whole neck. “W-what?” he stammered, blood erupting up from his throat. With dilated eyes, he turned to see The Darkness’ jaws clenched around his neck.

The world around him seemed to be melting. The snake-like creatures disappeared, The Darkness disappeared, and he all he herd was a single slick voice whisper:

“Maybe one day you’ll find out, if this is just a dream.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    So yeah, there is Chapter 0 (Or better known as the Prologue) to Just A Dream! I got this idea for a story after looking over Culpeo-Fox's (One of my favorite artist's Very Happy ) of DeviantART. If you wanna see her work, click on the link! This is just above 600 words, I'm guessing Razz Also tell me if you see any grammar errors because calling something "The Darkness" was starting to get confusing. Trust me though, you'll understand later in the story!

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mspersin
    mspersin
    Normal Member
    Normal Member

Just A Dream - Chapter 0. Rated PG-13 Empty Re: Just A Dream - Chapter 0. Rated PG-13

Post by mspersin Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:56 pm

Did you write this before or after you read Graveyard Book? Remember in the thousand year old grave how there was a snake-like creature... Neil Gaiman got the idea for that character from Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book. Have you read Jungle Book? It is actually a very difficult book but it is full of animal/human interactions like the one you wrote about. It has a lot in common with Graveyard Book but more animals than ghosts. It might inspire you Smile
    The Hawk's Eye
    The Hawk's Eye
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Just A Dream - Chapter 0. Rated PG-13 Empty Re: Just A Dream - Chapter 0. Rated PG-13

Post by The Hawk's Eye Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:39 pm

mspersin wrote:Did you write this before or after you read Graveyard Book? Remember in the thousand year old grave how there was a snake-like creature... Neil Gaiman got the idea for that character from Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book. Have you read Jungle Book? It is actually a very difficult book but it is full of animal/human interactions like the one you wrote about. It has a lot in common with Graveyard Book but more animals than ghosts. It might inspire you Smile
    I just started writing it before I read Graveyard Book and then didn't work on it for a while. Like I said, the story is mostly based of Culpeo-Fox's art, but Graveyard Book helped inspire some of it Smile
    mspersin
    mspersin
    Normal Member
    Normal Member

Post by mspersin Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Well it is very well-written and inspired (wherever the inspiration came from)! Keep writing this summer. It would be neat if everyone started posting-- even if they don't sound as finished as yours. It is okay to post something rough too.
    princessofwerewolves
    princessofwerewolves

Post by princessofwerewolves Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:25 pm

Awesome Sam. I just finished my book, but it's only merely 200 pages. Mine sucks, but yours is FANTABOULUS!!!!!!!!!! (It's a new word) Oh Yah and I kbow the artist you are talking about on DeviantART. I love that website, I just go on and fantasize on how well they draw.
    ASL
    ASL
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by ASL Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:43 am

Is this the story where the fake earth comes into play? Cuz if it is, I'll be very happy. >Very Happy
    The Hawk's Eye
    The Hawk's Eye
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by The Hawk's Eye Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:38 am

Admin No.2 wrote:Is this the story where the fake earth comes into play? Cuz if it is, I'll be very happy. >Very Happy
    Nope...Umm...I can't post that one until I fix, uhh, things. ^^; If you want to read it so badly, maybe you could be my editor?
    ASL
    ASL
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by ASL Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:00 pm

Admin wrote:
    Admin No.2 wrote:Is this the story where the fake earth comes into play? Cuz if it is, I'll be very happy. >Very Happy
    Nope...Umm...I can't post that one until I fix, uhh, things. ^^; If you want to read it so badly, maybe you could be my editor?
    Sure.
    The Hawk's Eye
    The Hawk's Eye
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by The Hawk's Eye Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:58 pm

Admin No.2 wrote:
    Admin wrote:
    Sure.
    Thank you~! =]
    ASL
    ASL
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by ASL Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:04 am

mspersin wrote:........from Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book.......

OMG I love the Jungle Book!!
    The Hawk's Eye
    The Hawk's Eye
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by The Hawk's Eye Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:55 pm

Sorry for zero updates on "Just A Dream" guys! I've been writing a different story (The one Joey was talking about above) and I keep getting ideas for it! So right now, that story is higher priority than this one Razz
    ASL
    ASL
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by ASL Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:28 am

Hehehehehehehe.... It's coming!!!
    The Hawk's Eye
    The Hawk's Eye
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by The Hawk's Eye Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:25 am

ASL wrote:Hehehehehehehe.... It's coming!!!
    Yes, 'cause we all know you've been waiting months for it. Jk Razz But really, in those months I've created a much better and complex plot ^^
    ASL
    ASL
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by ASL Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:53 am

I haven't gotten write much but I'm sick I might. So get off my case Sam.
    The Hawk's Eye
    The Hawk's Eye
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by The Hawk's Eye Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:13 pm

Wha, wait? What does this have to do with you writing your story? Just A Dream - Chapter 0. Rated PG-13 Fb_unsure

And what are ya sick with?
    ASL
    ASL
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by ASL Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:56 pm

I don't know. I just have a cold. 
    The Hawk's Eye
    The Hawk's Eye
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by The Hawk's Eye Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:05 pm

ASL wrote:I don't know. I just have a cold. 
    Ok, that's good ^^'
    ASL
    ASL
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by ASL Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:09 pm

Yeah but now its gone.
    The Hawk's Eye
    The Hawk's Eye
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by The Hawk's Eye Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:11 pm

ASL wrote:Yeah but now its gone.
    It that a good or bad thing?
    ASL
    ASL
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by ASL Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:31 pm

Um good.
    princessofwerewolves
    princessofwerewolves

Post by princessofwerewolves Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:44 pm

When are you going to post the first chapter, because I have nothing to read.
    The Hawk's Eye
    The Hawk's Eye
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by The Hawk's Eye Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:45 pm

Like I said, I'm working on a different story that I rather not post here.
    ASL
    ASL
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by ASL Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:16 pm

You HAVE to post it!!!
    The Hawk's Eye
    The Hawk's Eye
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by The Hawk's Eye Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:39 pm

You know how much hard work and studying has gone into this book? I rather not have it stolen on the Internet like my previous story.
    ASL
    ASL
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by ASL Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:39 am

Which one is previous? Cold-Blooded?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:28 am